Sunday, April 17, 2011

"I'm getting a dog"

Ella came home from the lake last night totally distraught over needing to have her own dog. I was in a terrible mood because I was exhausted. Work was terribly slow and it made me foul. Anyway.... She started in with me about needing a dog and I said absolutely not. We already have 2 dogs and just put one to sleep in January and it is just not the right time and NO. She kept going on and on and ON AND ON. She wanted to play Let's Make A Deal. I said no deals, you are 6 and I say No. She got mad and walked away.

A little while later I said that maybe she could have a dog in 7th grade. I got my first dog in 7th grade, so that was a good time. She threw up her hands and stormed to her room. Ug...that makes me a little crazy, so my natural response was "OH MY GOD, I'M SIX AND MY LIFE IS TERRIBLE!!" I know, bad choice, but the drama wears me out.

Prince C went to her room to discuss it with her. When they returned it was decided that she could have a dog for her birthday if she took care of our dogs when she's at our house and her Mommy's dogs while she's there, EVERYDAY.

She wants a Shih Tzu. Shoot me now. Oh, Wait....It's never going to happen ANNNND if it does -- it'll be at J's because that's what Ella wants. Oh, and, J doesn't know about this dog yet.

xxoo,
Frootie!

No comments:

Post a Comment