Friday, November 6, 2009

A Golden Roller Skate

On the way to the mall, after school:

Um, Hilwe?
Yes?
Why did you buy this car?
(aside - I drive a '09 Nissan Versa hatchback)
Well, baby, I needed a car that had 4 doors and was small, but still had some room and had a hatchback. I love hatchbacks.
Oh, well you want something bigger?
Yes, someday I want a mini van. Maybe after Nora comes.
Oh, no, Hilwe! I want this car. Can't you and Dada keep the roller skate 'til I grow big?
Maybe - but how about this, even if I get a different car, we will buy you one just like this?
Ok! Or we could build one.
Oh, with clay or something?
Yeah, and wheels. I've never built anything. But can mine be golden instead of grey? Girls have golden cars.
Ok.
And flowers?
Yes, baby, and flowers.

Once we arrive at the mall:

Ooooh! Hilwe! Look at that car!
That one? The yellow Mustang with blue flames?
Yeah! It's awesome! But, you know what? I bet it's a boy car. Because girls have golden ones, with flowers.

kiss kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment