Thursday, September 23, 2010

Getting Baptized

Last Friday when I picked Ella up from school she told me a girl in her class was getting baptized on Sunday.

Obviously I wanted to know if Ella knew what this meant.

Me: What does being baptized mean, Ella?
Ella: It means that you get dunked into the water and when you come out all your sins are washed away and you have a new life.
Me: Well! That is an impressive answer. You got it all under control, huh?
Ella: Yep, and I really want to get baptized too. Can I get baptized this Sunday too, Hilwe?
Me: Well honeybee, I bet your Mommy will want to be there...Soooo, maybe we should wait. And, you know you have to ask Jesus to be your savior first too.
Ella: Oh Hilwe! I do that all the time. See, Dear Jesus, will you come into my heart? Ok? Ok!
Me: Oh! Ok, well I am glad you have done that!
Ella: Yeah, so can I get Baptized, because I want a new life. I don't really like this one.
Me: *shocked and sad* What don't you like about your life, Ella?
Ella: Well, to begin with -- I want to see Kristopher and Geneva more. AND - I want to eat Ice Cream all the time.
Me: Oh! Is that all? *smiles*
Ella: No! I also want a new house and Nora, she screams a lot so maybe if she would quit.

xxoo,
Frootie!

No comments:

Post a Comment